Blogging Photography: Photoshop 101
- How can I eliminate that dull layer on every picture I take?
- Tone Values: there’s a graph and from the right part and the left one, it should be where the curve starts (picture below).
- Curves: another graph, don’t be scared. My rule is just make 2 moves: go higher on the right side of the diagonal line, and down on the left. Always just a little (see picture below).
- How on earth are my fav bloggers’ posts always on point, with a perfect white background?
- Brightness: play with saturation and with how intense you want it. I usually go down of 10/12 points, no more than that. But it is totally up to you.
- How to have those Vscocam effects on my pictures?
Meaning giving the picture (below – before) some interesting appeal through colors (below – after) without creating layers over layers of colors.
Guess what, again Imagine > Regulations > Colors Balance or Balancing Colors.
- Colors Balance: play with Shadows, Halftones and Lights and all those pretty colors. Just be delicate: +5/6 / – 3/4. And you can obtain the After picture above.
Little Tip: all of these suggestions above are made directly on the image, if you wish to have them on a layer above the image to have it more or less intense, you can do so by going to Level > New Regulation Level > Curves/Tone Values/etc. And you control the same tools, just not on your photograph but on an invisible level on top of it.
Do you use Photoshop? More tips?